Monday, January 16, 2012

Music for Monday

'Cuz who can't use some good tunes to get you going and feeling good on Monday, right.

I love this new song "Good Feeling" by Flo Rida. I can't dance worth a toot, but this song makes me shake my bootay.

*It may make you listen to some of the vids at You Tube, It'll open a new window*


Flo Rida's song is cool, but I was like, I know I've heard that chorus somewhere before. It irritated me until I went and searched for it.

Apparently Flo Rida sampled a song called "Levels" by Avicii, who I've never heard of. I also like his/her? song, but I freekin' love this video!
Check that dancin' dude out! WTH can't I dance?



I further learned that apparently Avicii sampled from the song "Finally Moving" by Pretty Lights, whom I also never heard of.




I don't how many more might have sampled before them, but ultimately it all apparently leads back to Etta James, "Something's Got A Hold On Me" from 1962 (the "Sometimes I get a good feeling" line anyway. She may have sampled her's from Rev. James Cleveland's "Somethings's Got A Hold On Me" song from 1959.)




But where I finally recalled where I knew that chorus/line from, was from the movie "Burlesque", with Cher and Christina Aguilera.
Christina Aguilera sang Etta James' version of "Something's Got A Hold On Me" in the movie.
I never really liked CA that much before, or musical type movies...mostly I started watching it just because it was on the tv, and ended up catching my attention.
Turned out I liked a lot, and even watched it again.  I ♥ Jack!




Coincidentally, CA is featured in another song I love that makes me shake my thang, "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5. (And his tats are hawt!)



No comments:

Post a Comment