Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's the Weekend? Really?

Whew, got busy alla sudden.

J was off on Thursday, so after me & K got back from running practice we worked some more around the house, on the outside building. He had plans to work in the garden, but we got some rain in the evening, so that was nice. We sure needed it.

Friday I got up early and went shopping.
I had been taking a break from shopping for awhile, but then we started running out of stuff: bread, milk, eggs, grits.
It was also my Every-Other-Friday-Mark-Down-Meat shopping time.

One of the grocery stores I shop marks down meat that's about to expire on Friday mornings. It's not gone bad yet, and putting it in the freezer stops time for a couple weeks or so, so I get a good deal on perfectly good meat.
I've been going every other Friday and buying about $20.00 worth of meat. It averages out to less than $10.00 a week because I still have meat from the prior week(s).

This week I got (4) packages of skinless/boneless chicken breasts, a package of boneless pork chops, a beef roast, and 3.19lb of ground chuck for $20.17; a savings of $17.93 off the regular price.

Publix had some cheap stock-up items and a gift card deal, so I added Sweet Dill Cubes, Pickle Spears and Hamburger chips to my stockpile for .09 a jar. They paid me to take home (9) jars of peanut butter, (15) cans Chef-Boy-R-Dee canned pastas, and a bottle of Ketchup.
Needed milk, and worked out a good deal to get it for $2.08 a jug, and boxes of brownie mix and a can of frosting for free, basically.

Walmart has a big clothing clearance...I'm too impatient to shop for clothes, but did find some FotL hooded t-shirts in my oldest son and his fiancee's size marked $1.00!  Super great deal!

Anyway, the shops are detailed at my Shopping Blog, but basically I got everything pictured for $53.35.
I don't know how much it all was valued at, but according to my receipts I Saved $451.49.


I tried to get up and take K running this morning, but just couldn't make it. Apparently I got out of shopping shape, too, skipping a couple of weeks; yesterday whooped my @$$.
Plus Aunt Flo showed up, and I give myself a break on those days if I can, so I laid in bed and turned on the tv.  I almost never watch tv, so it's something like a treat, even though it's not really a treat because I could watch tv all I wanted to, if I wanted to.

Anyway, I watched a couple of movies: Blue Crush, about a girl that works as a maid in a hotel in Hawaii, trying to get ready for a surfing competition, and falls for an NFL football player. The other one I can't remember the name of, but it had Robert Duvall and James Earl Jones; an Arkansas redneck finds out his mother was black and he has a brother in Chicago, so he went to meet him. It was a pretty good movie.
I also watched the movie Grown Ups, with Adam Sandler et.al. Twice. It was funny both times.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice is on now, but I saw it last November when we were on our cruise.

I did eventually get up and loaded the dishwasher and worked on my shopping blog and filled out some rebates and surveys.
I still need to pay some bills, and see if I can catch up on email, Facebook and some message board posts, but you know what they say - "Why do today, what you can put off 'til tomorrow" - so maybe I'll just go read a book, like I've been dying to do all day anyway :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment