Sunday, June 08, 2014

More Rain

Another post about more rain. I know, I still need to work on my Garden notebook.

We got some rain overnight...Friday night/Saturday morning, about 4:30am, then the day was sunny and warm. Chance of afternoon/evening thunderstorms, we didn't get any.
Once the sun went down, I figured we were in the clear for the night.

I was looking at Pinterest, and thought I saw lightening, or a light of some sort, flash on my bedroom wall, so I checked the weather site to see if there was a storm, and saw that there wasn't, at that time, but that big storms were on the way.

They were pretty big/rough/severe in Alabama, and when they came into NW Georgia, but then started dying down as they came on across the line. They do that more often than not. I have no idea why. I'm not complaining - I'm glad we don't get most of Alabama's awful storms - it's just a strange phenomenon to me.

Not to mention the additional strange phenomenon that often causes the rain and/or storms to split and go north and south of us.
I managed to catch proof of it on the radar tonight.

In the first picture, you can see the line of storms coming into Georgia, and the arrow is pointing towards where we live.


As it moves on in, you can see where the yellow/red splits apart and the worst/heavier parts of the storms stay to the north and south of where we live.


Like I said, I'm not complaining. It's great we seem to be in some "protected" area and don't get as many of the terrible, dangerous storms as other places do.
It's just strange, though, and makes me curious.

*Side note, J checked the rain gauge (Friday) evening and said that since the last time he'd emptied it...which was about Tuesday past...that we had gotten one inch of rain altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment