Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Feeling Better

One thing about being sick is how good it feels when you're not sick anymore.

And when the weather is so nice.
The weather has been soooo nice the past few days. Neither hot nor cold. I've had the windows and doors open, letting in some fresh air.

My Mom and Aunt came up on Sunday. Mom brought me a bunch of apples from Dad's orchard. I made homemade chicken & dumplin's for dinner. We had a nice visit. I don't get to see/spend time with my Mom too much, since they mostly live out of town.

Monday, I took my oldest son home after having spent the weekend with us and stopped by a Thrift store on the way back. Found a few good deals.

This navy blue, Velour (?)(Idk what kind of material it is) was only $1.00.
It was New-With-Tags, and had originally retailed for $44.00 in the store.

I think trimmed out with some silver-toned Bling will make a nice Christmas-y look.


This tiny Nativity ornament was 25¢.
They had a few other, larger Nativity sets from $3.00-$5.00, but I figured I'd better not bring them all home with me.

Still seems sad, though, to see more Nativity sets in the Thrift store than in the Retail stores during Christmas time.


Found these awesome Vintage Blow Mold plastic light-up Jack-O-Lanterns for 50¢ each!
I hung them in my front kitchen windows. 


Otherwise, I got to work on the 911 Dispatcher Christmas Tree Ornaments I had been planning to do for so long. Finally got them all finished and listed for sale on Etsy.


Also made this super easy Santa Ornament using the Vintage red ball ornament I'd gotten in the pile of "Christmas trash" at the Thrift store awhile back, black electrical tape, and a soda can tab.


J was off yesterday and the weather was super-nice, so we got a couple of minor projects that was on my to-do list done around here. Weatherizing the camper, cleaning up and putting away some yard and garden items, cleaning up a bit in the yard.

We also got another section of kitchen wall "planked":


Aaaaaand, tomorrow I have a decent load of Stuff to take to donate at the local Thrift store.

After that, I'll probably be done-for again.

We woke up to a rainy, grey, dreary day this morning.
It was fantastic. So awesomely Fall.
So dark outside, with soft lamplight on in here.
Love, love, love those kind of days. (Every so often.)

Bad news is, it was a cold front. Now we're going to be dropping into the 30's again every night. Highs will only be in the 50's-60's, which isn't horrible, but bad enough. Especially after the 70-80's we had this weekend that were so, so, so, so, so, so nice.

I tell myself, I insist to myself that I'm going to enjoy the Season, whatever the Season is, for what it is.  If it's cold, then I'm going to enjoy being inside, warm and dry and cozy, snuggled in a blanket, a nice (gas) fire going in the fireplace, sipping on a cup of hot chocolate, or hot soup. Not getting bug bit.

Or even being outside, cold, wet and uncomfortable, because, it's just good to be Alive.
Every day is a gift. A blessing. Not to be squandered.

Easier said than done, sometimes, but as Joe Dirt says:

No comments:

Post a Comment