Sunday, August 03, 2014

Home From Our Roadtrip

For those who aren't on my FB, we've been away on a Roadtrip/Vacay the past couple of weeks.

I've been busy unpacking, doing loads of laundry, cleaning up (what's left of) the garden, and settling back in, and all the pictures are still on Ryan's harddrive, so I'll post more about the trip later.

The trip was nice, though. Arriving back home to find my garden in such a disastrous state, not so much.


Typically, we didn't get as much rain as we needed to keep it going on it's own.
(I thought J had arranged for his cousin or the neighbor to come over and water and pick any ripe tomatoes, but guess I thought wrong.)

The tomato plants were very dried up, and most of the tomatoes are just gone. I don't know if someone did pick them, or if a critter got them.

Something has been eating the pepper plants. The whole top part of some of the plants are gone.
Same thing with a couple of my Hydrangea.


Whatever ate/is eating the pepper plants apparently don't care much for the peppers themselves, though. We have a couple of nice Sweet Banana Peppers, and some Jalapeno (I think? Maybe Habanero...I forget what's what. I knew I would, though, so good thing I made a drawing and noted what I planted where.)


In other news, the Catawba tree leaved back out again. I didn't see any Worms on it this time, so I don't know if they'll come back...or if all those leaves will go straight into the pool this Fall.


Oh, and the volunteer vines I had - hoped - were cucumbers, turned out to be gourds.
Oh well. Maybe birdhouses.


No comments:

Post a Comment