Thursday, August 07, 2014

DIY Laundry Detergent Follow-up

LOL
Despite having been accused of finding things to wash just so I could hang it on the clothesline (have I ever mentioned how much I lurve my clothesline?) I think the bedsheets really did need laundering today.

I'd washed them before we left on vacation so I'd have a nice, clean bed to come to after sleeping 2.5 weeks in a camper bed, and we've been home for....uh, several days. Probably a week or a little longer, so I'm sure it was time or past time they needed washing.


I used 2 scoops, about 2.5 Tablespoons I think, of the DIY laundry detergent.

They didn't really have any stains or anything gross on them when I put them in, and they pretty much look the same after washing them.

They smelled....damp. Nothing special. Not like laundry detergent or soap or anything really.

I don't have a very intelligent nose, though, I can't decipher particular odors the way others can. To me something smells 'good' or 'bad' or 'like it's on fire'....
I asked Kev what he thought and he didn't know either. He said it smelled like fabric, lol.

Also my bedsheets weren't as soft as usual, but I think that might have been because I hung them out to dry. Usually I put those in the dryer. Hang drying gives things a little crunch.

So, no real verdict yet. Maybe after I wash something we wear, or something really dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment