Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Way Back Wednesday

The regularly scheduled "What's Cooking Wednesday" has been cancelled on account of J is working on the Ambulance and I don't cook real meals when he's not home. We eat leftovers, a frozen meal, sandwich, cereal or whatever.

I was trying to think of some Catchy-Name blog title for Wednesday and somehow ended up watching vintage commercials on YouTube.  Due to my advanced age, I don't recall how I got there, but wow, do these commercials bring back some memories!

I got a set of Wonder Woman UnderRoos for my 12th birthday in 1979.


♪♪ Two-All-Beef-Patties-Special-Sauce-Lettuce-Cheese-Pickles-Onions-on-a-Sesame-Seed-Bun ♪♪


I swear this is why I can't stand litter/littering to this day!


♪♪ I'm drinking up Good Vibrations, Sunkist Orange Taste Sensations ♪♪ Good, Good, Good. Good Vibrations ♪♪


♪♪ Lite Brite, Makin' Things With Light! ♪♪


I remember a lot of old ad Jingles from the old days and I'll end up singing the tunes at random times - especially these next ones. The boys think I'm crazy sometimes when they ask for something and I'll break out singing ♪♪ Have it Your way, Have it Your Way ♪♪  lol


Want a baloney sandwich? ♪♪ Mm-My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R....My bologna has a second name, it's M-A-Y-E-R...Oh, I love to eat it everyday and if you ask my why I'll say....Cuz Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A ♪♪


I don't know how long this ad played on tv, but I was only 4 years old in 1972 and yet to this day, sometimes I'll come away from the table holding my stomach and moaning "I can't believe I ate the whooooole thing".

No comments:

Post a Comment