Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Read the Instructions




It's not even like I think, "Nahhh, I don't need to read the instructions. I can figure it out."

It's as if there never was such a thing as instructions to be read, even though I might be holding the directions/recipe right there in my hand. Like with the cookies.

I mentioned this thing back in September, when I first started making Putz houses, that I'm not too good at reading directions...
"I read like the first line, then the rest is blah blah blah..."

Actually, as far back as January 2012, when I made my first batch of canned jam...
"Apparently you shouldn't read only like the first five words of a sentence of instructions. Apparently all the words they write there are important."

Gah, no telling how many times it's happened that I don't even know about.

I need to work on improving this, but I'm not sure how?

It's not like I can say, "Slow down, take your time, pay attention"...because if I went any slower, I'd be going backwards.

I'm very rarely ever in a hurry anymore. No need to be. I have all the time in the world.

Oh well. I'll have to try to remember to remind myself to Read the Instructions every time I do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment