Monday, August 12, 2013

Chocolate Chip Crescents

I can't remember if I posted these before, but even if, it bears repeating. My boys love these, and they are so easy to make.





You may or may not know we returned from a Road Trip a week ago today. I'm not quite ready to say much about it yet...not much good anyway. I could write a five-hundred-page complaint fest probably.

Vacation is like giving birth, I think. And Childhood. Given time and distance you tend to remember the good parts and either forget the bad parts, or they just somehow don't seem as bad anymore.

So anyway, we got back home and I was so glad to be home. For a couple of days I was like Miss Bizzy-Bee, unpacking the car and camper and washing laundry and linens, and used the happy energy to get back to some home projects I hadn't messed with for a while between my skin-cancer surgery and our Trip.

Except, my projects didn't go very well. Seemed like everything went wrong, or came out looking...not at all like I'd envisioned.
On Saturday I just gave up, quit even trying. I slept late, got up awhile, did nothing, took a nap, read awhile, went to bed. Felt like Hell.

Yesterday morning J went back to work - YAY! Thank goodness - but I still didn't feel a lot better. Slept in again. When I got up I wanted to do something...useful, productive. I was still depressed that my projects didn't go well but I didn't have the energy to try to work on any of them.

I needed to do something, though. From out of the blue I got the idea to make the boys a batch of these "chocolate pies" as Ryan called them when he first told me about them.

I couldn't believe how good they turned out. Figured I'd burn them or something.

Sometimes, when things are going wrong, and I feel like just giving up, never trying to do anything again, it's little things like this that can help me get back on track. That reminds me I'm not a complete failure, like I feel a lot of times.

After this I felt like working at a couple of projects, but wow, serious case of ADD or something. I'd start this, end up messing with that, over here, over there.
Eventually I needed another nap.

This morning I woke up to an early visit from Aunt Flo.
D'oh! No wonder I've felt so bad. My iron level must be scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Hello, tuna salad for lunch. (With potato chips, because I ate lots of bread/wheat/gluten while on our Road Trip and am trying to detox some from that.)


No comments:

Post a Comment