Friday, January 01, 2021

Happy New Year, 2021

 Wow, how in the world can it be two whole years since I last posted?
       You just blink, and half your life is gone by. 


      I knew I hadn't posted in awhile (but not two whole years!), but didn't think too much about it. Seems like I felt like blogging was going "out of style", most were going the social media route, fb pages and groups and such. Bloggers I followed slowed or stopped posting...My posts weren't getting many/any readers, so...I just didn't take the time to do any posting. 

But then just recently it dawned on me that I have visited/read/used a good many blog posts over the past couple of years, even right up to yesterday, in fact.

     The ones yesterday in particular were titled something like, "How to cook collards and ham in my Instant Pot". One post among many that I've gotten information and education and ideas from. A few days ago I was reading posts about putting wood slats on my ceiling. A couple of weeks ago it was posts on making the little cardboard (glitter/putz) houses. I read posts about how to can this or that, survival prepping, repair projects, decorating, crafting, and more. 

 
As I was reading through, gosh, probably a dozen or so blog posts about cooking collards in my Instant Pot, I thought, "Thank goodness these posts are here."
(Me realizing just how many blog posts I've been reading over the past years) "Why did I think blogs were going away?"
    My neglected blog(s) crossed my mind, but then I thought, 'meh, my posts are just blah, blah, blah. Nothing helpful or useful to anyone.' 

But then I thought about other posts I had read that people wrote about their lives and doings and this and that, and I enjoyed reading many of those, too. I don't know, sometimes it's like visiting friends (except without the having to be social part). 

Long story short (haha) I want to try to start blog posting again.
     I'm not calling it my New Year's resolution, because we already know how that goes (hint: it doesn't), but I plan to make the time to do some posting again. About whatever. No theme, because I'm...the opposite of structured...I don't know the word for that. Random, maybe. All over the place. Very ADHD.
  


 







No comments:

Post a Comment