Saturday, January 02, 2021

Cardboard Campers

 Today I worked on making some little glitter putz cardboard campers.

 
 
 
I started making little cardboard glitter putz houses about 6 years ago, made a few here and there and pretty much lost interest. 
 
Turned out my sister loved the little houses, and asked for new ones for Christmas, and I'd end up finding myself, in December, stressing and struggling to get a house or houses made. 
Including this Christmas, despite the year-long quarantine, when I should have had time to create a Continents worth of little houses. 

To be honest, I wasn't even going to make one at all this year. (This just past Christmas.) But then one day we were chatting and she said if I needed a gift idea for her, she wanted a little Halloween house. So then I felt like I needed to make her one. 
 
I managed to get one made, in the nick of time. I usually make myself, my Mom and my Aunt houses at the same time, but couldn't do that this time. I did good to get this one done in time.
 

When she said she wanted a Halloween house, I wasn't sure exactly what she was wanting. My usual creations are sparkly, glittery, colorful, snowy....I didn't know if she wanted that, but in Halloween colors, or what? 

For whatever reason I decided on this one (pictured above), and she loved it. Actually squee'd when she opened the box. 

So, I decided to try to do better this year, starting early, giving myself plenty of time to make a few putz creations for Christmas. 

While looking for ideas/patterns for the Haunted house, I had ran across the little retro camper and decided I would like to make it next. 
I originally set a goal for completing them in January, but after spending a day cutting out the pattern and getting one piece of one camper cut out, then spending three days doing other stuff, I thought I better extend my deadline to...maybe Spring. 

I actually made a lot more progress than I was expecting. Somehow managed to get all the pieces cut out, and even started primer-painting them.
Being done by the end of January may be a reasonable goal afterall, good Lord willin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment