Saturday, January 17, 2015

Georgia Peach Cobbler

While browsing Pinterest the other day, I came across a Pin for Georgia Peach Cobbler.

I thought, well that looks pretty yummy, and so happens I have a few bags of Georgia Peaches from my Dad's north Georgia mountain fruit orchard in the freezer.

(Some may consider this a Summer dessert, but I live in Georgia - Georgia peach desserts are ok all of the time.)

It's not as dark around the edge as it appears in the pic!

I put my bag of peaches in the fridge to thaw a couple of days, and then when I was ready to make my cobbler - today - I knew I had my Mom's fruit cobbler recipe in my homemade recipe book, so I used it instead.

I checked it against the Pinterest pinned recipe and it was basically the same. For some reason it took mine more like an hour and a half or so to bake, rather than the 40 to 50 minutes.
Maybe it bakes faster in the Summer? :Shrug:


Yummy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. I had mine with a delicious glass of cold milk.

Printable recipe:


No comments:

Post a Comment