Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Chicken Coop Art

When we last left off in my quest for Artsy'ing up the chicken coop wall (Farm Art), I had gotten this far and ran out of ideas.


Well, it just kept sitting there, waiting and waiting, for me to do something. Anything.

So I said, well, I'll paint the comb and beak and wattle and feet and see what happens from there.


Well, people, I don't have any idea what happened from there.

I remember waking up sometime in the wee hours of the morning, thinking about feathers.

LOL, not White feathers.

I don't know why the picture uploaded sideways.
 I glued the frame part I'd popped off the back, onto the front to make it shadow-boxy, and re-spray-painted it blue/green....sky and grass.


I feathered the hen, cut a plastic bowl in half and glued on jute-rope twine, glued on colorful plastic eggs, and added some flowers, grass, butterflies.

I thought I had wanted it to be like, a sign. Pinterest has a lot of chicken coop signs with neat or witty sayings.

The best I could come up with was "Eggstravaganza!" waving across the sky.
My son Cricutted the letters out for me, but it didn't go exactly as I'd pictured, and the vinyl didn't want to stick to the painted surface too well.


Then last week I went to my sister's to attend my nephew's graduation, and she took me to the Goodwill OUTLET. Wooooohooooooo!

Anyway, I found a small metal Sun that looked made for this.
So crazy. Nothing ever works out like that.





After that I called it done and got J to hang in the coop for me.


The chickens were so funny, they all gathered up and stood there looking at it like they were watching tv or a movie, lol. 


Or judging a work of art in an art gallery, hahaha.

I didn't get it hanged (forgot about it at the time)(outta sight, outta mind) but I found this Old Time Pottery chicken topiary framed print at a thrift store 50¢ sale last week.



Found this chicken couple...I think it's a door draft stopper?....at the same 50¢ sale. Planning to put a shelf for them to sit on on the coop wall.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment