Tuesday, March 13, 2012

PBJ and Clearance Jackpot

Team Mom: "So can you help out and bring something to the game Tuesday night?"
Me: "Sure, what do you need?"
Her: "Eighty-five peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches."
Me: (*Gasp!*Choke!*) "Sure, not a problem!"


I didn't really have a good concept of exactly how many eighty-five sandwiches were. I bought (5) loaves of bread, my anti-mathematical mind thinking, 20 pieces per loaf, that'll make 85 sandwiches. Uh, yeah, half sandwiches! Duh! LOL.


So I had to run to Walmart for more bread, and happened across the clearance deal of a lifetime. Both me and my son's GF have been wanting some of these "rocker shoes" for exercising while walking, but didn't want to pay the cost of them. She was looking at $100+ Skechers, these Dr. Scholl's were originally $30.00, which is still way too high for me. I buy all my shoes at Goodwill or a thrift store and never pay more than about $6 bucks.

These were clearanced for $5.00!!
As the dude in Key West would say, "Fie dollah! Fie dollah!"
(Last cruise we went on, we stopped in Key West and they had a few $5 stores, where everything was $5.00. Guys would stand out on the sidewalk and walk around inside the store hollering, "Five dollars! Everything five dollars!" One guy sounded like he was saying "Fie dollah!" and we liked him, so now anytime we see anything that costs $5.00 or have an occasion to say "five dollars", we'll call out "fie dollah!".)
(Man, I loved Key West. I need to go back there. Really, I need to live there.)


I also found the sweet puffy coat for $5.00! It's fleece lined and cuddly and warm! (I know it's up near 80* this week, but winter will be back soon enough, and some one will be glad I thought ahead and bought this baby.)  It's a size Small, so I was hoping I would be the lucky recipient, but when I put it on, it swallowed me whole. Fits Ryan, who normally wears a size Large great, so I guess he ended up the Lucky Ducky.

They also had some nice, thick ski-gloves clearanced for $1.00, but we have a good many gloves already, I didn't think we needed more.
They also had some nice leather work gloves for $3.00 & $5.00, but I'll let J go pick his own of those (he's so picky!).

No comments:

Post a Comment