Monday, January 15, 2018

Brrrr! cot'd

So, last Monday (Jan 8th) we had an icy rain/road conditions scare. Schools closed, businesses delayed opening. I set my clock to get up early to call and change Kev's doctor's appt.

But then the radar showed it was raining, but it wasn't raining. The air was so dry, it was apparently evaporating before it reached us. Or something.
      At any rate, we got a little bit of rain, but not freezing rain, or frozen roads.

On Tuesday, the weather was very nice. Nice and warm.
     On Wednesday it was up around 60°F, and we went and worked on the other house, fixing the bathroom floor.

I don't much remember Thursday and Friday, but by Saturday it was really cold again. There was a cold wind blowing.
  Sunday and today were pretty chilly.

So, tomorrow (night) they are hyping snow showers again. Up to 1-inch.
      Technically the "up to 1-inch" is for up in the way higher elevations of north Georgia, but don't let facts get in the way of a freak out.


We'll maybe get a dusting. (Or, maybe we'll get more than expected. If you're prepared for any eventuality, no reason to freak out.)

I don't have anywhere to go after tomorrow, so let it snow....but what I'm not looking forward to is the temps Wednesday/night:  12°F with wind chills as low as -2°.
   Yeah, I'd like to take pass on that, please. 


And then there's the 2018 Flu epidemic.
    California is the worst, I think I read. Idaho is bad off, and Alabama has declared a State of Emergency due to the flu.


A few people in my family are/were sick, but none with the actual Influenza, I don't think. Or else a milder case of it.
     I'm stocked up on chicken soup, juice/gatorade, Acetaminophen & Nyquil, and kleenex, although I'm really hoping I don't have to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment