Friday, December 15, 2017

Fireplace Log Holder Re-Make

As happens sometimes, I end up with more re-do projects than I have room for, so I have to make the decision to let some of them go.

This, I believe 70's? era, fireplace log holder wasn't something I could really use, mainly because neither of my fireplaces are wood burning, so I picked it up and started towards the yard sale corner with it - when inspiration struck suddenly. 

I didn't have my phone handy, so I didn't get a before picture. I think the original color was something like brass and rust. Brass doesn't rust, so I'm not sure about it exactly.

I took it out back and spray painted it black, which is the color I had intended on leaving it, but I guess I've been looking at a lot of Farmhouse Style lately, and had another idea.


I went back and spray painted it white.


Then I lightly sanded with a sanding block from Dollar Tree so the black showed through some areas.



Then I rolled some of my throw-blankets I keep in the living-room, usually folded and stacked on the couch, and put them in the holder.


Our old house is kindly drafty, and it doesn't help that I'm really cold-natured, too, so I love blankets. I really like this for keeping them organized when not in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment