Sunday, January 01, 2017

Happy New Year

Run along ahead, I'll catch up in a bit.

I'm still dragging along at the tail end of 2016, battling a bad cold (flumonia) I came down with a day or so after Christmas.

Tried as I might not to be, I was pretty stressed for December, and never did manage to do my fun dining room decorating.
I did manage to get my tree decorated.

As much as I did not need to buy more Christmas stuff, I decided I wanted different Christmas lights this year. I wanted the replica C7 lights like the ones from when I was a kid in the 1970s.


Although I'm in several Christmas/ Vintage groups, I didn't hear/see anyone else say that they had the same idea.

I didn't think too much about it at first, until I severely underestimated the amount of lights I needed.


It took going to 4 different stores just to find a total of 4 more boxes of these lights.


That was pretty darn wacky. They had plenty of the see-through colored lights, plenty of solid blue or solid red ones, plenty of the larger C9 ones.

I guess lots of people had the same idea as me. Just strange I didn't hear of any.

I found the vintage candle/holly wreath tree topper at a thrift store back in the summer, along with the vintage Woolworth's silver tinsel garland. 


We had a nice Christmas...amazingly. 
It worked out just as it should have if people would just go along with my plans.

This flumonia even had the courtesy to wait until I was back home to mess me up.
Thank goodness. Not sure I would have survived otherwise.





No comments:

Post a Comment